Want an ice cream Sandwich for your Android phone? Then you need to wait for few more months as this will be rolled out in the next few months. We will see in the due course of the article on how you can easily apply the beta leaked version of the Ice cream sandwich on your phone. This update comes as a great respite for all those who were eagerly waiting for the update. In an unfortunate event, LG still doesn’t have the time frame by when they will be coming up with the update but not to worry as we are here to come out with regular updates for your device. This Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Android firmware comes with the King 3D ROM who is the developer of this Custom Firmware. This is not an official firmware and is no way related to the official firmware launched by LG Electronics.
Before we proceed with the detailed article on how you can apply this update, you will have to go through the pre upgrade instructions and followed by the procedure to apply the update. This all new update of Ice Cream sandwich 4.0 comes along with a whole new bunch of capabilities and functionalities which we have covered on Android Advices few days back. Please note that this is the beta release of the update and not the Official version of the firmware. Be informed that in the process of applying this firmware update, you will have to root the device which will void the warranty. Also, since it is the beta firmware, you may face issues with some of the applications like face unlock and also the NFC functionalities etc as it doesn’t come with the NFC hardware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happens to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
Also, we will see on what are the enhancements which come along with this article followed by the screen captures on how this firmware looks like.
Enhancements in Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROM
- Comes with the Optimized RAM,
- Increased overall Speed of the User interface,
- Pre loaded with ICS Music Player and Robonto Font,
- Live Wallpapers of ICS 4.0 are now added,
- Ringtones as well as the Boot animation is of ICS,
- 2D – 3D Converter is now part of the standard firmware,
- LG Apps are now removed,
- Go SMS Pro Bug has now been removed,
- Comes with the latest Android Market Place 3.1.5,
- Go Launcher 2.61 is pre loaded,
- King Manager comes pre loaded too,,
- Full deodex apps & Framework
- Comes with pre loaded with the Busy box, Super user and binary access
Let’s head to the screen captures and see on how this ICS looks like on LG Optimus 3D smart phone.
Screen Captures of ICS 4.0 on LG Optimus 3D:
There are 5 list of pre requisites which you need to follow before you further proceed so as to facilitate the smoother firmware update.
- It is very important to enable the USB debugging in your device. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path USB Debugging can be enabled from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- After this you will have to note that all the Antivirus Suites, Firewalls and other tools like PC Suites should be completely closed in your computer before proceeding or else it may interrupt the process of the firmware update.
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all your data so that you can then restore the data if there is anything which is lost. With the help of the tips which are mentioned below, you can easily backup and restore the data from / to your phone.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- You will have to root the device so as to accommodate this beta Firmware which you need to do from the below link which is mentioned below. It is very important to root the device before proceeding or else you won’t be able to update ICS on LG Optimus 3D.
Last but not the least you will have to ensure that the device is at least lest with the 70% of the battery charge so as to facilitate the smoother firmware update process and also you will have to disable if there are any sorts of lag fixes there for the LG Optimus 3D installed if any. Please note that just in case if the device is loaded with any of the Voodoo tools then you need to disable them as these generally interrupt the process of the firmware update.
Pages: 1 2