Procedure to update Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 on LG Optimus 3D:
- First up you need to download the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Firmware Zip to your computer. Once it’s downloaded, you will now need to proceed to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- So, once you are done with the downloading, you need to copy this downloaded zip file as it to your phone without modifying or renaming the file. Once you copy the same, you now need to download the ROM Manager application in your phone.
- The ROM Manager can be installed from the Android Market Place. Now, once you downloaded and installed the ROM Manager application, you need to open the same and then select the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery” to flash the same.
- Once you are done with this, you now need to create a backup of your current ROM which you can do by selecting the option of “Backup Current ROM” in the ROM Manager so that you can then revert back to the Stock original version just in case if you face any issues with the new Ice Cream Sandwich ROM as its in the beta stage.
- After this select the option of “Install ROM from SD Card” and then you will have to choose the zip file of “IceCREAMSandwich4.0_for_LGOptimus3D_KingROM” after which the process of the firmware update will be commencing.
- After a period of around 5 – 8 minutes, the firmware update process will be finished and then you will see that the device will be restarted on its own, if not then you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu and then choose to “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
- Just in case if you are facing issues like the Force Close errors then you need to select the options Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Cache partition and then choose reboot system now to restart the phone and to enjoy this all new firmware.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to help you. So, in this way you have easily updated your LG Optimus 3D smart phone with the latest version of Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 version.
Pages: 1 2