For all those who are waiting to update their Motorola Droid Razr smartphone can now easily update their devices with the latest and one of the best custom ROM firmware named as Eclipse ROM. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of features this custom ROM comes along with, pre requisites which you need to follow and also a detailed guide which will help you to update the same. All thanks to Eclipse Team for coming out with this custom ROM firmware. Please be informed that this custom ROM firmware can only be applied on the rooted phones.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of ECLIPSE Custom ROM Firmware:
- Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- Bloat Removed
- A lot of blur has been removed
- AOSP/CM7 mms
- AOSP music
- AOSP gallery3D
- Eclipse Launcher2
- CM7 file manager
- AOSP/CM7 Email
- AOSP/CM7 alarm clock
- AOSP car/desk dock
- AOSP news & weather
- AOSP calendar
- AOSP Sound Recorder
- Custom Blur Camera
- DSP Manager
- Eclipse Parts
- Accurate Battery – 1%
- CRT Animation ON and OFF
- Misc prop edits
- Custom Host File
- GPS config changes
- App widget Picker – boombuler
- Download crutch to help with web downloads
- Busy Box
- init.d support
- Eclipse Wallpaper
- Custom blue theme throughout
- ICS clock widget
- ICS Inspired boot animation
- Inverted Contacts/Dialer
- Inverted Google Talk2
- All Settings menus are inverted
- 7 pull down toggles (wireless, blue tooth, gps, sound/vibrate, auto brightness, data, and rotation)
- Native Facebook for android contacts sync
- Wake on volume
- Extended power controls (reboot, recovery, screenshot)
Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your Droid Razr is Rooted. If your device is rooted, then you will find an app called “Superuser” in your phone. To sum it up, on why you should install this firmware in your Droid Razr, then this come with the revolutionary DSP Manager (Sound Equalizer for your Speakers / Headphones), better battery life along with streamlined performance clubbed with improved and enhanced User interface. Let’s proceed to the next page where we have mentioned the list of pre requisites you need to follow.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Since this is a De-ODEXed version of firmware, the data won’t be lost. But it’s recommended for you to back up the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid Razr from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your phone.