How To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Cyanogen MOD 7.1 Gingerbread 2.3.7 Firmware
Update: This process is not recommended for the users anymore as users are facing issues after applying this update! We will again come back with the article as soon as a new stable version of Cyanogen MOD arrives!
For all Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 users who were asking for the Cyanogen Mod ROM, here it is as in the due course of the article we will see on how you can install the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.7 version. This update is basically a custom ROM and not the official or leaked Stock / Default ROM. You need to be very careful as in you need to follow all the instructions very carefully while applying this update or else there is a high probability that you may even brick your phone. We have tried our level best to make this article crisp and short in order to facilitate the faster and speedier update process.
Over a period of this article we will see on what are the list of –
Enhancements in Cyanogen MOD ROM for Galaxy ACE,
Procedure to update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Gingerbread 2.3.7 Cyanogen MOD Release
Note: Please note that this Cyanogen Mod release if the un official release and still the Official Cyanogen MOD ROM is not yet released, so ensure that you are flashing at your own rick.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if anything happens to your device which is a very unlikely case if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the due course of the article.
This update is not the Official update which is released by the Samsung Electronics Ltd. and is the custom ROM which is released by the third party developer. Also, in the process of applying this custom ROM, you will have to root the phone and after which you will be losing the warranty which can be claimed only when you update with any of the Stock releases like DDKQ6 or XWKS2 Update which we have seen earlier. Soon, a modified version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version will be arriving for the Galaxy ACE S5830 phone which too will be covered here.
Enhancements in the Cyanogen MOD ROM:
- Camera issue has been fixed in this firmware of Cyanogen,
- Gingerbread 2.3.7 AOSP Build,
- Video Playback has been fixed,
- Headset Button is now fully working,
- FM Radio Works better than ever,
- Fixed Built number GWK74,
- Setup Wizard Fixed,
- Super user application now comes updated by default,
- New kernel based on Ketut,
- Camera Orientation bug has been fixed,
- Compass works perfectly,
- Battery too has been optimized so as to give higher battery life and also the Internet browser is now faster than ever
- Also there are many performance fixes which have been worked around to give better user experience with new fresh User interface
- Charge your device to a minimum of 90% as since the procedure is bit lengthy, the phone will consume more battery than the normal usage. Lesser battery will lead to the turning Off of the device in the middle of the firmware update process.
- Back up all your data which is there in the phone memory, as in an unlikely event if the data gets lost then you can easily restore the backup. With the help of tips which are given below you can easily create the backup.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Up next is you need to ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Apart from this you also need to ensure that your computer has ADMIN privileges and USB Read / Write Access. It’s not recommended to use computers which have limited access.
Special Instructions to users on Custom ROM:
Just in case if you are any of the custom ROMs then you need turn Off your phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + Middle button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to an interactive video to know more on how you can enter the same in the recovery mode. If the device boots normally then you need to again try to enter the same.
In the recovery mode, select the options like Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Cache partition and then select reboot system now to reboot the phone. You can select the options using the Volume keys and can select the appropriate option by pressing the Power button. This basically clears off all the cache data which is there in the phone so that the room can be made to accommodate this all new custom ROM firmwares. Just in case if any of the other tools like the Voodoo etc. are installed, if yes then then you need to disable the same.
So let’s head to the procedure which is mentioned in the next page.