For all those who are having Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smart phone can now roll up their sleeves as an all new update has arrived which is a Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware version and is dubbed as DDKQ8. This firmware is officially rolled out for Indian users and since it doesn’t come with the boot loader, you can easily apply on any of the ACE S5830 smartphone. In the due course of this article we will also be checking out on what are the pre update instructions followed by which we will check out the detailed tutorial on how to apply the same. We are not having the exact change log on what are the things which are new and improved but there are some minor performance fixes which have been done in this update. In this update there is an all new option of Lock Screen which resembles more like the screen lock for S2.
Note: Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares or say if the device is rooted, then the rooting access will be revoked. The best part is the warranty can be reclaimed after applying the update. Just in case if you wish to root the device after applying this firmware, we will soon be coming up with an article which will help you to root the device on DDKQ8 firmware. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update with DDKQ6 update.
Rooting Information: In the process of this firmware update, the phone won’t be rooted as this firmware is the official release released by the Samsung Electronics Ltd.
Enhancements in DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Release:
- Improved Battery Life,
- RAM DUMP Mode error solved,
- Home screen lag and the brightness bug has been solved,
- Stability fixes have been induced in this version,
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Pre Update Instructions:
- In the process of firmware update process, there is a possibility that the data may get lost or corrupted. So to safeguard the data you need to back up the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Up next you need to disable all the Security suites in your computer and uninstall all the antivirus apps in your phone. Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed instructions on how to apply this update.