Procedure to Update Galaxy POP s5570 with Gingerbread 2.3.6:
Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ7 Package to your computer and then you need to extract the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter in the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once the file is extracted, match the contents with the image which is mentioned below and then if the contents get mismatched, you need to check with the file extraction or download. From the extracted files, you need to open the Odin executable file.
- Now, turn off the phone so that you can enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Once you enter into the download mode, connect the phone to the computer using the Original USB cable while keeping Odin opened in the PC. Once you connect, the ID : COM section will turn yellow which means all the drivers are installed successfully and you are now ready to select files in odin.
DANGER: Don’t proceed to the next step if the ID : COM Section doesn’t turn Yellow!
- Now, click on the “One Package” tab and choose the file “’ after which tick on “One Package” option. Click on “One Package” tab and choose the file named “S5570DDKQ7_S5570ODDKQ6_S5570DDKQ7_HOME.tar.md5”.
- After this you will have to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the process gets done, the phone will get restarted and after that it will prompt you to enter the Google Account credentials or the home screen in your phone after which you can remove the connected USB cable.
Note: Just in case if the power goes Off or the process of firmware update is interrupted due to un avoidable reasons, then reinsert the battery, again enter into the download mode to follow the instructions from the start again. No need to panic. In Download Mode everything is safe.
- Just in case if you are getting the force close errors after applying this update, then you need to turn Off the phone to enter into the recovery mode. In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
- To check whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, go to the path of “Applications > Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will see the update version of Gingerbread DDKQ7 2.3.6.
So, in this way you have successfully updated your phone with the Gingerbread 2.3.6 version of firmware.