Procedure to install Gingerbread 2.3.2 version
1. After downloading the Gingerbread 2.3.2 and PIT 512 files on your computer, switch off your phone, take out the sim card and the memory card if any and then switch on the phone in the download mode which can be done by holding down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
2. After entering the phone in the download mode, you will have to ensure that you have closed all the KIES components in your computer like KIES tray agent, KIES etc. Now after entering into the download mode, you will see a green screen as shown below. After this, open the Odin which you have downloaded from the above link in your computer.
3. Now, after opening the Odin, connect the USB to your phone and as soon as you do so, a yellow block will be coming up in the Odin’s ID:COMP option as shown below.
4. Next up as soon as you see that ID:COMP block turning yellow it means that all the required drivers have been successfully installed in your phone. Now, you will have to fill in other options like PIT, PDA, Phone and CSC.
In PIT option select the 512 PIT file which you have downloaded,
In PDA, select the file “CODE_I9000XWJV1_CL31216_REV03_user_mid_noship.tar.md5”
In Phone, select the file “MODEM_I9000XXJVE.tar.md5” and
In CSC, select the file “GT-I9000-MULTI-CSC-OXXJV1.tar.md5”
Note: Apart from other options, no other options should be selected, like you should not check the option “Re boot”, “DUMP” and also “Debug En”, select the options which are “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. Double check all the parameters carefully before proceeding to flash.
5. After entering all the parameters as mentioned above, click on “Start” after which it will take around 5-7 minutes while the file system and the files get loaded in the phone. Note that you don’t plug out the USB cable or interrupt the installation process as this may brick the device.
6. As soon as the firmware upgradation will be finished, you will see that your phone will be rebooted and will take around 1 minute for the home screen to be visible.
Now, there you go the all new firmware that is Gingerbread 2.3.2 is ready on your Samsung Galaxy S. Please note that this version of Gingerbread supports Kies 2 and may not support the older version of KIES. There have been rumors doing the round that the Android Market and other functionality will not work but am glad to inform that there is no such thing like that and this version is most stable version as of now. Also the battery life and the overall UI has improved drastically from other previous versions and most importantly you will no more require any sorts of lag fixes as of now as this phone really zips ahead when talked about the overall speed.
Video Tutorial for Upgrading Gingerbread on Galaxy S
Password : samfirmware.com