How to Update Samsung Galaxy S with Stable ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update your Galaxy S GT I9000 with an all new firmware of IMM76I based ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM Firmware. Please note that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung Electronics and also we don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an Official Value Pack or ICS update. There are some list of pre requisites which you need to follow before applying this update. All thanks to the developers who has build this firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of IMM76I Custom ROM Firmware:
- Built from Android sources (IMM76I)
- Improved notification bar toggles: long press a toggle to go to related Settings menu; multi-state sound toggle.
- Numeric battery indicator.
- Brightness control in status and notifications bars
- Real and improved autobrightness: brightness really goes down when light decreases.
- Extended power menu with reboot, recovery and screenshot.
- Video face effects working
- Application killing with long press on back button
- Choose storage in Camera application
- Power button shooter in Camera application
- Timer option in Camera application
- T9 Dialer
- Removed “R” roaming indicator for national roaming
- Root, Busybox and SuperSU
- Kernel Semaphore 1.0.0s (387 MB RAM)
- HugeMem patch for 720p video by F4K
- Preinstalled app: OI File Manager
- APN’s predefined huge list
- Modified hosts file to remove ads in applications.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be installed with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it won’t detect the device in custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S GT I9000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your phone.