How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware – Guide
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2. Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be pushing the update officially to Galaxy S2 devices. But all thanks to the custom ROM makers who are working constantly to come out with the most stable firmwares based on the Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware. So let’s check out the detailed list of quick pre requisites mentioned below before heading to the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware.
Note – This firmware can only be applied on the Galaxy S2 GT I9100 variant of smartphone only nd not on any other android smartphone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with any of the automated tools. Make sure that you are not using Samsung PC Suite for creating the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy S2 I9100 android smartphone so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. This is an important step.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
So let’s proceed and check out on what are the quick list of specs and features of Galaxy S2 android smartphone
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download the Kit Kat 4.4 for Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Manually Galaxy S2 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from SD Card” to choose the KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware Package which you have placed in the device and then the Google Apps Package. Please note that it might take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Once updated, select “Go BACK” and choose the option of “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device.
- You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest
Note: If at all your Galaxy S2 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Stay tunes to Android Advices as we will be very soon be coming out with the detailed guide which will help you install custom ROMs especially for Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully rooted your device Galaxy S2 Android smartphone