While the rumors are on that Samsung Galaxy S2 might just get the Jellybean Love, for all those who hate to wait can go ahead and install the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 based custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as CARBON. So before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions with which you can update the device with, you will have to follow the essential pre requisites mentioned below.
Please note that this is not an official firmware released by Samsung and is a custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All important data in your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be backed up ONLY with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not using KIES to create the backup
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your device is rooted. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps
- Up next, you will have to head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the same. Also, battery charge left in your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be not less than 40%.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Head over to the next page where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Jellybean 4.3 Carbon Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Just in case if you are unable to enter the device in the recovery mode, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- Once the device enters in the recovery mode, clear all the cache and wipe all the data present in your phone. Once done, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Jellybean 4.3 Android Zip Package and then the Google Apps Package.
- Once the two packages are installed successfully, you will then have to wait for the device to prepare the update. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once it’s done the phone will reboot.
- To check the current firmware update, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.