For all the users of Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 users, here comes a great news for all you guys as an all new version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android of 4.0.3 firmware. Though this is still in the making and this is the first alpha version. Yesterday on twitter (@androidadvices) we asked the users on for which phone you are waiting for the ICS firmware version and most of the users said that they are waiting for ICS Android 4.0 firmware for their Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 phones. We value your trust and your valuable feedback and so as we are here with this article to acknowledge your trust. We are really thankful to dhiru1602 who has come up with this ICS version for I9003 users.
So, on the similar lines let’s check out this alpha build. This version of firmware is still in the making and will take few more days and we will constantly cover the latest on this front as in when developments are released we will cover the same here.
Note: This update of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 is not the official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics Ltd. but is the alpha version developed by third party developers. There is still no ETA on by when Samsung will be officially rolling out this firmware for SL I9003.
This firmware only works on the Rooted firmwares, so ensure that you have rooted your phone before applying this ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware update. Also note that once you root the device, the warranty will get void. The only way you can restore the lost warranty is by updating the phone again with the default / stock firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003. Neither we nor developer hold the responsibility for the damage caused to your device in the process of updating the phone.
Let’s check out on what are the things which work and also we will check out on what are the things which work in this version.
- Cell Radio – Calls / SMS
- SDCards (Internal and External SD)
- Market and Google Sync
- GPS – Not Tested (Network Location Service Works)
What Partially Works:
- Hardware Acceleration – Needs a Driver Upgrade in the Kernel.
- WIFI – Network Scanning and DHCP issues.
What Doesn’t Works:
- Video Recording
- Media Playback H/W Support
- USB Mass Storage Support
- AUDIO – PHONE CALLS / MEDIA
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions clearly, lets head to the procedure in the next page where we have summed up the procedure to apply this ICS Alpha version of 4.0.3 version.
Procedure to Install Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy SL I9003:
- Before proceeding you need to follow two steps which are mentioned below.
- Download ICS Android 4.0.3 Alpha version of firmware and Google Apps from here to your computer. Once you download this, you need to copy the same to your phone by connecting Galaxy SL I9003 phone with the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded Zip files to your internal memory of the phone and then you need to remove the connected USB cable to turn Off the phone.
- Now, turn Off the phone to enter in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the recovery mode. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try entering again into the recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” which you can select by using the Volume selection keys and Power button. After this you will have to choose the option of “choose zip from SD Card” and select the file named as “CM9-GalaxySL-IML74K-Alpha1.zip” and then you need to select “gappsv7.1.zip”. Once you select the file, the process of firmware update will be started and once it’s finished, the phone will be rebooting on its own.
Just in case if the device is not rebooted, you will have to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and choose “reboot system now” to reboot the phone in the ICS Firmware Android 4.0.3 version.
For users Getting Force Close errors:
If you are getting the force close errors then you will have to clear the cache from the recovery mode by selecting the options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and select the option of “reboot system now”.
Congrats, you are now on the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.