Procedure to update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4:
- After downloading the XXKH3 Firmware zip package, you will now have to proceed to unzip the same. Please note that to unzip the same you will have to first right click on the Zip file and need to select the option of “Extract Files” to your convenient location but would be preferred if you choose the path as the desktop.
- In the process of the extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password. You will have to enter the password as “androidfirmwares.com” without the inverted comas. Once you enter the password which is mentioned above, the files will be extracted successfully.
- As you can see in the above screen shot that the files will be successfully extracted and then you will have to proceed to find the Odin from the extracted files which is nothing but the flash tool for updating the firmware.
- After this considering that you have followed all the important pre instructions which are mentioned in the previous page, you now have to proceed to turn Off the phone. Once you turn Off the phone you need to now power ON your device in the Download mode.
- To power ON your device in the download mode the download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer the below mentioned short reference video if you are unable to enter into the download mode for reference on how to turn ON the download mode.
- So, once the download mode is successfully entered, you will now have to connect the device to the computer where Odin is opened after which you will see that the ID : COM block will turn Yellow as shown in the below screen shot. Once it is done then it means that all the necessary drivers have been successfully installed and also you will have to ensure att his time that you have turned Off all the antivirus solutions as well as KIES too.