One of the best smartphones from SONY can now be tweaked to deliver best in class sound playback as Xperia Z2 Android smartphone comes with the set of stereo speakers. While Sony forgot to make the stereo playback system-wide for sounds such as the ringtones and notifications, here comes the fix from the XDA member which can make your smartphone smarter than before. There are other volume mods available to make both the stereo speakers work for the surround sound, but are not that effective as the one which we will be discussing. If in a case you don’t want to make use of the Volume boost option, olokos provides two variants of the mod: one of which option doesn’t come with this feature.
So before we check out on how you can actually make the sound output as stereo system wide, let’s check out the quick pre requisites before we slip into the detailed guide which will help you enable the stereo speaker playback system wide.
- Make sure that your SONY Xperia Z2 Android phone is rooted. Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. This mod will only work on the devices which are rooted.
- Assuming that your device is rooted, you now need to download one of the 2 options mentioned below in your computer and place the same in your device.
- Power off your Xperia Z2 Android phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode. Power ON the device and when LED notification lights up, you need to press the Volume up and Volume down to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Just navigate the menu options to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then select the zip file which you have placed in the device. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply the zip file in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than usual time for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
So there you go, you have now successfully listen to the system sounds in the stereo sound.