Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone users can now smile as an all new firmware update of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware update has arrived. In the process of this article we will be guiding you so that you can manually apply this firmware update. This firmware update being the custom ROM firmware which is brought to you by Modaco, with a whole new set of features and almost all the bug fixes. So, let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed quick pre requisites which will make sure that device is updated properly.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned quick steps so as to make sure that all your data can be restored manually. Don’t use KIES or ROM Manager to back up the data as there is no guarantee that these methods will be useful while restoring the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
- For applying this update, you will need to make sure that your Galaxy Nexus is rooted and to check on whether your device is rooted or not, you need to download the “Root Checker” app and check the same.
- This update can only be applied on the International version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 model and not on any of the network locked devices. Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the corresponding instructions.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So, let’s get started with the detailed tutorial on how to update your device with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Update:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store. Just in case if you are unable to enter the device in the Recovery Mode, you will need to enter the device in the recovery mode manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package” which you have placed in your device and with the help of Volume buttons and Power button, select the same.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will read the message as “install from sd card completed”, now select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If by any chance you come across with any issues related to phone not booting or device getting into the Boot Loop Mode, then you will need to re follow the above mentioned instructions to apply the update.
So, there you go you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.