All set for Jellybean 4.3.1 for your Nexus smartphone? As recently Jellybean 4.3 details have emerged and some developers are claiming that Jellybean 4.3.1 will soon be released from Google. So, for all those who are on the custom ROMs and beta ROMs won;t be able to get the updates from Google. The only way with which you can get the updates is by returning back to the Official firmware of Jellybean 4.2.2 which we have summed up in this article.
Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 JellyBean firmware has arrived for Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone way back and we will be guiding you on how to apply this firmware update. Google has started to roll out this firmware update and you can apply with the same. This update fixes all the bugs related to the Calendar, Camera Force close error and also all other issues which are related to the heating and battery drain have been addressed. This updated can be updated in two methods, manually or with the automatic method. So, before we head over to the detailed procedure to update, you need to follow the below mentioned steps so as to make sure that the firmware update is finished successfully.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, with the help of below mentioned steps you need to back up all the data. Please don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not recognize the device after applying this update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Nexus can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” so that all the data will get cleared from the device.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Now, assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update. This update is applied for TAKJU model of Galaxy Nexus Models.
Procedure to Update Galaxy NEXUS I9250 with Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 JellyBean firmware:
- First you will need to have the Active Wi Fi Connection in your device. Turn ON the Wi Fi and head over to the path “Settings > About Phone > Software Updates” to check on whether there are any software updates available or not. Just in case if no update is found, then you can apply this firmware update manually.
- Download Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jellybean firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
- You can enter your device in the Recovery Mode from the ROM Manager app as well. Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package” which you have placed in your device and with the help of Volume buttons and Power button, select the same. It will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying this update. once the device is updated, you will see the message as “Install from sd card completed” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Galaxy Nexus smartphone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.