Evo 4G

HTC EVO 4G+ Review

The HTC EVO 4G is an Android based mobile phone developed by HTC Corporation and its CDMA based Sprint smart phone runs on WiMAX network. HTC EVO 4G is the predecessor of HTC Hero. The EVO is the top-selling launch day mobile phone on Sprint in United States.

HTC EVO 4G+ Design and Hardware

HTV EVO 4G+ has got 4.3 inches capacitive touchscreen capable of displaying 480 x 800 pixels LCD resolution with pixel density of 216 ppi. The user interface is completely like HTC Sense and it can operate multiple operations with provided multi-touch input method. The much acclaimed feature of accelerometer which provides switching between portrait and landscapes modes, auto image rotation, motion sensitive mini games and to correct shakes when taking photographs is added to it. It has got Proximity sensor for auto turn off of the screen when not in use in order to avoid wrong click on button with ambient light sensor detecting when to turn off the screen to save battery.

It’s powered by Qualcomm QSD 8650 chipset with 1 GHz Snapdragon Scorpion microprocessor and it has Adreno 200 graphic chip. Included to that we have 512 MB added RAM and 1 GB of ROM memory. It’s also provided with 8 GB of included memory but still you would like to get more space then get a microSD card with a maximum size of 32 GB accepted.

HTC EVO 4G+ Software

The HTC EVO 4G included Android 2.1 Eclair operating system but as the latest versions and updates are released it’s no sports Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. So that means that your mobile on hand is ready to download apps and widgets which can be helpful for you in applications and services through the Android App Marketplace. The Android App Marketplace has got more than 0.3 million of apps and out of those 80 % apps are available for free download and remaining 20 % apps are for paid download with a nominal fee.

The interface of this mobile phone is based on seven panels which allow user customization and switching between panels is done by sliding left or right. The most of the input to this smart phone are given through touch screen. The Android interaction technique makes moving up and down by touch drag motion of the fingers.

HTC EVO 4G+ Features

The HTC EVO 4G supports 3G EVDO which allows faster download and uploading speeds. It has the WiMAX protocol (802.16e) which provides a top speed of 10 Mbps on downlink and 1 Mbps on uplink. Included with 3G providing a maximum speed of 3.1 Mbps and inclusion of Wi Fi, Wi Fi router, HDMI port, Bluetooth with A2DP and a micro USB port provides excellent ways for connectivity and data sharing.

Further to expand this mobile phone we have the feature of playing 720 pixel HD videos easily. It also supports MP4, H.263, H.264 video formats with included Windows Media Player 9. Among the audio formats it can play Mp3, AAC+ and WAV formats. Its provided with a slot of 3.5 mm headset jack which accepts any universal headphones with plug and play support. Furthermore, it has got Stereo FM radio with RDS support. The handset is big heavier weights 170 grams (almost twice than the normal 4.3 inches mobile phone).

HTC EVO 4G+ Camera

Provided with 8 mega pixel camera on rear side and added features like auto focus and dual LED flash makes it as a complete touch of photography mobile. It has the feature of geo tagging by which the place at where you take the photo would be added to the image properties and 720 pixels HD recording is very much easily possible. It has secondary camera for 3G video calls and to make this phone work as webcam. The camera on the front side has 1.3 mega pixel lenses which can be used for video call and video conferences.

HTC EVO 4G+ Battery Life

The whole HTC EVO 4G+ mobile is powered by a rechargeable standard Lithium ion battery with 1500 mAh power. This battery offers a standby time of 150 hours and a talk time of up to 5 hours. It’s the same batteries which is used in HTC Incredible, Touch Pro 2 and HTC Hero. With a little of messaging, internet browsing, camera video recording and snap capture, you would be able to make sure that your mobile phone battery doesn’t dry out soon and with tips on how to save battery life you can conserve your HTC EVO 4G phone battery to a longer period.

HTC EVO 4G+ Price

The actual price of HTC EVO 4G is $ 449 with the unlocked devices. With Sprint as the wireless carrier you can get HTC EVO 4G+ is priced at $ 199.99 with 2 years contract with Sprint and its the best deal from them.

HTC EVO 4G Gallery

The HTC EVO 4G picture gallery is here [nggallery id=3]



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

To Top