The Xiaomi Redmi 1S is a mid-range device, released by Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi in July 2014. It features a 4.7″ 720p IPS LCD display. It is powered by Snapdragon 400 chipset with quad-core 1.6GHz processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage. It has an 8MP shooter with 1080 video capture capability, and is powered by a 2000mAh battery. It runs on Xiaomi’s own user interface, MIUI, on top of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Following is the detailed guide to install Android 5.0.2 (CyanogenMod 12.0) ROM. This ROM has been developed by xda developer @jsevi83
- We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following the instructions mentioned in this article.
- Do NOT flash this ROM on devices other than the Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
- Before getting on with the flashing, you need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to install the ROM. If you haven’t installed custom recovery of your device yet, follow the Steps to install Custom Recovery on Redmi 1s
- Your smartphone should be ROOTED to flash custom ROM.If you haven’t rooted your device yet, follow the Tutorial: How to root and unroot Xiaomi Redmi 1S MIUI ROM
- Ensure the device has at least 70% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM
- Backup your Device : Back up important data and stuff
- Download and transferAndroid 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM and GAPPS on your phone’s internal memory.
- Then reboot the device into recovery mode as follows:
- Power OFF the device and wait until it is completely shutdown.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the device enters the recovery mode.
- After entering in the recovery mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Wipe Data and Cache if you are on MIUI.
Note – Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if you’re updating from a previous version of CM 12.
- Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap on “install zip” and then “choose zip from sdcard” and then select “ 0/”. Now, locate and select the Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file in SD card to start the installation process.
- Now, locate and select the GAPPS file in SD card to flash the file.
- Once done with the installation process, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and re-start the device by opting “reboot system now” seen in the recovery menu.
Steps to Install Android 5.0.2 (CynogenMod 12) on Xiaomi Redmi 1S Samrtphone
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of installing.