Procedure to Update Galaxy W I8552 Android smartphone with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Make sure that in Odin, you enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the check boxes. But the Re-Partition check box must not be selected or checked.
- Download mode in Galaxy W can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- As soon as the phone gets into the Download Mode, plug your phone to computer using original USB cable to make sure that ID: COM section turns Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package and click on “Start” in Odin for starting the process of firmware update. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Device” where you will get to see the current firmware version as XXAMH2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Android firmware.
We will very soon be coming up with the detailed guide which will also help you to root Galaxy W. So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of latest Jellybean 4.1.2 which just got released in your Galaxy W. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to address the same.