Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smart phablet can now be updated with the latest firmware version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. This new update ropes in the latest version of Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet which will also be made available for other devices. Though, there is still time for Samsung to roll out this new update officially, you can still apply this firmware update which is dubbed as XXUMEMI6. So, after following quick pre requisites mentioned below, let’s process to check out on how you can apply this update. Last time we saw on how you can update with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner and also it’s not a custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following instructions.
Once it’s done, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 with jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin.
- Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Download Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your phone to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Yellow / Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
- Once you see the home screen in your phone, all you need to do is to just disconnect the device and check whether the firmware is updated successfully or not.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have successfully updated the device with the Jellybean 4.3 Android update. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.