XXUEMI6 Android Firmware version is the one which got leaked for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Phone and for all those who have updated with can now also root the device. Once rooted, you can then install many custom ROM firmwares and also you can make use of the apps which need root access. So, let’s check out on how you can root the device after following the list of quick pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all your crucial data manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t make use of KIES for backing the data up as it won’t help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your Galaxy Note 2.
- Make sure that your Note 2 is left with the minimum of 40%+ battery life or the device may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you are done with above mentioned pre requisite instructions, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 on XXUEMI6 Android Firmware :
- Download Odin and XXUEMI6 Rooting Package in your computer and extract both the packages in your computer. Once extracted, open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Note 3 can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to re try the process.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to computer using original USB Cable. After 2 -3 minutes, you will see that the ID:COM section in odin turns Blue which will indicate that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the extracted rooting package and click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. It will take around 1-2 minutes for rooting Note 2.
- After rooting, Note 2 will reboot and then all you need to do is to check whether your device is rooted or not with the help of Root Checker app. Just in case if your device gives the force close errors, then you will need to clear the cache from the recovery mode and wipe the data in your device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
We will very soon be coming up with the custom ROM firmwares for the device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you come across with any bugs / issues as we are committed to address the same at the earliest.