Neat ROM, which is one of the largest used application can now be updated to the Galaxy S2 Android smartphone. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with all the Bug fixes in the battery consumption along with the memory allocation which is nothing but the RAM. Though this firmware doesn’t come with the star studded Jellybean 4.3 or for say Jellybean 4.2.2, this comes with the stable Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. So, after checking out on what are the list of quick pre requisites you need to follow, proceed to the detailed instructions which will enable you to update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data up with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device after updating with this custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device. Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this firmware is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. You can check on whether the device is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you can root your Galaxy S2 with the help of below mentioned steps.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy S2 due to not following instructions.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Neat ROM Jellybean 4.1.2 Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- Turn off the phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S2 can either be entered with the help of ROM Manager or manually.
- Manually Galaxy S2 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from SD Card” to choose the Neat ROM Firmware Package for installing the same. Please note that it might take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Once updated, select “Go BACK” and choose the option of “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.