Cyan Fox is one of the most stylish Holo themed custom ROM firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS for the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. The best part of this is that Galaxy S2 users can now make use of the stylish Jellybean 4.3 Android OS without needing to depend on Samsung as we don’t see any plans from Samsung to officially update the device. While there are already bunch of custom ROM firmwares which claims to offer smoothest Jellybean 4.3 experience, but this one is one of the most adopted custom ROM firmware by Galaxy S2 users.
– List view animations,
– Paranoid Halo notifications,
– Unread counts with new API (WIP),
– Advanced Recent Apps RAM bar,
– Alternate App Picker
So, after following the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, you need to follow the below mentioned pre requisite instructions you need to proceed on to check out the detailed instructions which will help you upgrade the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s good to back up all the data present in your device manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as it doesn’t help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device. Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app. If your Galaxy S2 is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you can root the device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Once you have rooted the device, head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you upgrade the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Jellybean 4.3 Cyanfox Custom ROM:
- Download the Cyanfox Custom ROM Firmware Zip Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device’s SD Card.
- After copying the two files, disconnect the device from computer and turn off your Galaxy S2 so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered by Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, Clear the Cache and Wipe the data with the help of appropriate steps. Once done, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Galaxy S2 Android which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 5-6 minutes and once the firmware is updated successfully, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned.
Note: Just in rare case if your Galaxy S2 becomes unresponsive / gets stuck / gets into boot loop mode, re insert the battery and
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.3 Holo Custom ROM Firmware in your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.