Procedure to Update SONY Xperia S with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download Parandroid Custom ROM firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your Xperia S to the computer and place the two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect your Xperia S from computer and turn Off the same. Connect your device to the computer in the turned Off State to the computer while pressing the Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously with the help of original USB cable.
- Open the Fastboot folder from the command prompt as you will need to enter the below mentioned command,
- After the above command, if the device gives out the message as “waiting for device” then you need to re install the drivers or probably the ADB. But if it says “fastboot devices xxx” then it means that you can now proceed to the next step.
- In command prompt, you need to enter the below mentioned command and press Enter;
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After entering the above mentioned command, unplug the device from computer. Turn your device ON and to boot the device in the recovery mode, press Volume Up when the fastboot logo is displayed.
- In recovery mode, select options of Wipe Factory Reset / Wipe Data to make sure that all the data is wiped successfully and then you also need to Wipe dalvik cache from your device.
- Head back to the main menu to select the option of “install zip from sd card” to select the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device along with the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device.
- Once both the zip packages are updated, you will now need to select “go back” and select the option of reboot system now to reboot the device in the normal mode.
- To check the firmware version in your device, you will have to navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where the current firmware version will be shown as Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues in the process of firmware update / after the firmware update application as we will try to respond your queries at the earliest.