The Punjab National Bank is the third largest bank in India in terms of asset size and the bank has launched its mobile application with the name of PNB mBanking (869 KB in size for the version 11). The application requires Android version of 1.6 and above for installation.
Before one can login to the application he has to subscribe for the mobile Banking Services by filling and submitting the application form number PNB 1167 at any of the PNB bank’s branches. The login details (the login ID will be present on your passbook) should be collected from the same branch on intimation from the branch.
Upon logging in the Customer is presented with the following options to perform.
1. View Account Details like viewing the current balance
2. Request for a Account Statement or simply view his last 10 transactions
3. Transfer Funds
4. Inquire about the status of his cheques
5. Block the payment of cheques
6. Request for a new Cheque Book
7. Send email to the Relationship Manager
8. Change the Login and Transaction Password
The PNB has a 24 hour dedicated Customer care channel for the mobile banking related questions at a Toll Free number of 1800 180 2222 and also the mobile application is protected and secure through a 128 bit encryption.
Issues frequently faced/reported with the application:
1. The task of registering with the bank to use the mobile application is a little hectic for most of the users.
2. The list of compatible devices is very less
3. Very less features offered from the bank.
4. The amount of automation provided with the app is at a very low level.
5. Frequent Error messages and alert box messages pop up while using the app.
6. Reports of frequent app crashes and screen freezing.
Although the app does quite a lot of work such as sending funds to other accounts and more, there are several problems as listed above, and only when the bank notices these and rectifies them for a better user interface, we would be able to recommend this app to the bank account holders for an easier banking.
Download the Punjab National Bank Android app “PNB mBanking” – Play Store Link