Procedure to Root Galaxy GRAND on XXUBMGA Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download Rooting Package for Galaxy GRAND and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- In Odin, you enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the check boxes. But the Re-Partition check box must not be selected or checked.
- Turn off your Galaxy GRAND device so that it can be entered in Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy GRAND can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the center button). While holding these both buttons, press power button to turn ON your device.
- If phone starts in normal mode, retry the above process to get your phone in the download mode.
- Once device gets turned ON in the Download Mode with a Green Robot, connect Galaxy GRAND to computer using original USB cable while keeping odin opened in your computer.
- Once connected, the ID: COM section is turned Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version you have used to indicate all the required drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you will get upon extracting the rooting zip file in the 1st step to click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the rooting process to get completed and once the firmware is applied successfully, the phone will be rebooted.
- Once you see the home screen in your phone, disconnect the phone from computer.
- As soon as the rooting process is done, the phone will be rebooted. To check on whether the device is rooted successfully or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
- After this you need to Download the Super User Zip Package and place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off the phone and boot the phone into CWM recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together
Note: In recovery mode use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option.
- In recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard then choose choose zip from sdcard. After this, browse to the SuperSU root package which was earlier copied to the SD card of the phone. Select it using Power button and confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. It will take a minute to install the same.
- Once done, the device will reboot. Please note that in some times it may take 4 -5 minutes to finish the installation process.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted the device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across with any issues in the process of firmware update.