For all those who have updated their device with the latest XXDMB5 firmware version of Jellybean 4.1.2 can now root their phones so that you can then install apps which need root access. Please note that this rooting process will only be applicable on the devices which are on the Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 firmware. To check your device’s current firmware, you need to check from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be present.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Though in the process of rooting the data won’t be erased or lost, it’s better to keep a backup of all your precious data with the help of below mentioned steps manually so that you can restore the same if any is lost.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Now, assuming that all the above mentioned steps are followed you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions on how to root the device on this firmware.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean XXDMB5 4.1.2 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Now, turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device, so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section is turned Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the rooting tar file which you have downloaded and extracted and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute or two to root the device.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Also, if it’s rooted, you then will have to download and install the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
So, there you go, you have successfully rooted your device on the XXDMB5 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same. We will very soon be coming up with the custom ROM firmwares and other tweaks for Galaxy Note 2 which are based on Custom ROM 4.2.2 Jellybean firmware version.