Galaxy Note 3 users can now get rid of Samsung Knox fear before rooting as you can now root your device without tripping the Knox warranty. While there are tons of other ways to root your Note 3 android device, this one is one of the simplest and also makes sure that the Knox warranty is not tampered with. So after checking out the list of detailed quick pre requisites, you can then head over to the next step which will help you root your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Nexus 7 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Devices which are having the PDA as MJ4, MJ7, MK1, MK2 or higher may trip KNOX, even after rooting is successful. You can Check your device PDA by dialing *#1234#.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with Samsung KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Note 3 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that you have installed the Android ADB in your computer. Minimum battery left in your device should be at least 50% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turn Off in the middle of the process.
Procedure to Root Galaxy note 3 without tripping Samsung Knox:
- Download Cygwin, Odin and Samsung KIES packages in your computer and unzip to their respective folders on the desktop. Along with the above tools, you also need to download the firmware for your Note 3 Android Phone.
- Assuming that your Note 3 is on the Jellybean 4.3 Android OS, you need to extract the firmware zip file which is there in your Note 3 from Sammobile and place the same in a folder “Note 3” in C drive.
- You now also need to download the RDLV Universal tool in your computer.
- Assuming that you have installed the Cygwin in your computer. Connect your Note 3 android phone with your computer and then you need to open the Cygwin.bat file in your computer.
- Open the command prompt in your computer and enter the below mentioned command to press on Enter;
- Up next you need to enter the below command in the command prompt and hit on enter;
./URDLV.sh full /cygdrive/c/Note3/name of the firmware
- The example of the above command in our case was;
./URDLV.sh full /cygdrive/c/Note3/N9005XXUENB4_N9005DBTENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md5
- Once it’s done, you now need to head over to the C:/Note3/output folder. The process might take around 4 – 5 minutes. Disconnect the device from computer and enter the device in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy Note 3 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Now, you need to open the odin in your computer and connect your device in the Download mode to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns yellow.
- Now, click on “AP” and select the firmware tar file which you got after extracting the firmware and click on the “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Now open the second RDLV.zip file, this one, and extract the content (one folder – “root_files” and one file – “root_de_la_vega.sh” ) to the root of your phone.
- The whole process of rooting will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Note 3 gets in the boot loop mode, you need to turn off the device and restart the whole process from the start. To turn off you long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting without tripping Knox.