The flagship device from Gionee powered by the Snapdragon 800 chipset, Gionee Elife E7 comes with some excellent specifications internally and is powered with two good cameras. Announced in November 2013, the smartphone was recently launched and it comes with the Quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset powered by Qualcomm and there is a support by 2GB RAM for 16GB variant and 3GB RAM for 32GB variant. The rooting procedure for the Gionee Elife E7 is not that hard but you will have to follow a few pre-requisites before you proceed with the actual rooting of the device. Also, you need to keep in mind that rooting of the Elife E7 would void the warranty of the smartphone. You might also end up bricking the device or seeing some different results, so proceed with your own risk.
Before following the below steps, you need to take a backup of the Gionee Elife E7 data, which includes the SMS, Contacts, Photos and any other files which you feel are important, although the actual rooting doesn’t delete anything.
Check out: Gionee Elife E7 Benchmark scores
The other things which you need to keep a check of before rooting the Gionee Elife E7, includes:
- Make sure the USB Debugging is enabled. For that, you need to go to Settings > All Settings > System > Developer Options > USB debugging and check that.
- Charge the phone to a minimum of 80% of charge before you start rooting the phone.
Now, follow these steps to root the Gionee Elife E7.
Download the vroot application for your computer – Download Link
The tool is in Chinese language and you don’t have an option to change the language to English, thus follow the guidelines below to properly root the Elife E7.
- Install vroot once you have downloaded it.
- After the installation, open the program on the computer and you will see a window welcoming you with the Chinese language. It’s still easy to understand as all you need to do here is to connect your Elife E7 to the computer with the USB connectivity.
- After connecting, you will see the model number of the phone confirming that the phone is identified, and then click on Root button (green in color) to start the rooting process.
- While the procedure is going on, you will see some warning for an app installation on your Elife E7, which you will have to accept and only then the rooting would happen.
It might take a few seconds to few minutes for the rooting to be completed, and you are advised not to do anything while the process is going on.
You will be prompted once the rooting of the Elife E7 is completed. You may check for the rooting status by downloading the Root Checker app for Android from Play Store.
Do let us know below in the comments if you faced any issues, so that we can help you with it. There should be nothing bad really happening if the rooting failed, but still it’s always advised to keep a backup of all the data before you go ahead.