Nokia XL Android smartphone comes with the great features and for all those users who have already bought this great smartphone can make the most of it. To start off with, this device can now be rooted which will allow you to install many new APKs and custom ROMs which we will be coming out very soon. The best part is that it comes with the simplest ever procedure. So after checking out the detailed list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, you can head over to the detailed guide to root.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Don’t use any PC tools for backing all the data present in your Nokia XL Android smartphone.
SMS – Currently there is no automated way to backup sms
Contacts – Sync with the Outlook application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s head over to the next section where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Nokia XL Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting Package for Nokia XL Android Phone from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Nokia X+ with the computer using the original USB cable.
- Place the downloaded rooting package from here to your Nokia XL and disconnect the same.
- Open the Astro File manager in your device which is a pre-installed app to locate the framaroot.apk file which you have placed in the device.
- Once you tap on the framaroot.apk, you will see two root exploits to choose from – “Aragorn” and “Gandalf” – tap on “Gandalf”.
- Once done, you will then have to reboot your Nokia XL Android phone to have the device rooted. We will very soon come up with the custom ROM firmwares for the Nokia XL Android smartphone which are based on the Kitkat 4.4 firmware.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to help you with the same.