XiaoMi Redmi Note 3G Android smartphone can now be rooted and once rooted users can then install the latest Lollipop 5.0 OS along with the Cyanogen Mod 12. Rooting also allows you to make sure that you install the apps which need the root access. The best part with XiaoMi is that the company allows users to root the device or install the custom ROM firmwares. The best part is that this method will not just help you root the device but will also will help you unroot the device. Following this procedure for rooting the device won’t hamper the warranty of your device.
So let’s quickly jump to the list of pre requisites after which the detailed guide to root or unroot the device.
Note: Please note that this process is only applicable for the XiaoMi Redmi Note 3G Android device and not on any other Redmi Note variant. This is generally applicable for the Indian devices.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with automated tools as it may not help you update the device.
SMS – Download SMS Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Call Log – Download Cal log Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Local Files – Transfer all the data like photos, downloads, music files, videos etc. to your computer
- Battery life in your device should be at least 50%+ and also you need to enable the USB debugging from the path Settings > Developer Options. If you can’t see the Developer Options, tap multiple times on “About phone”.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root XiaoMi Redmi Note 3G
- Download the Rooting/ Unrooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to extract it and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Place the 2 zip files in your device and then disconnect the device from computer. Now, you need to open the UPDATER APP which is inside the Tools folder of Redmi Note. Now, tap on the MENU KEY and tap on the software update package.
- Scroll down to tap on the REL.zip for updating the same to root or select “UNROOT_rel.zip” for un rooting the same. Once done, the device will reboot. Make sure that you open the Security App, tap on permissions and turn ON the root permission.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting and very soon we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares for your XiaoMi Redmi Note 3G. Very soon we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares as well which will help you maximize the delight of your phone.