Samsung launched its latest flagship smartphone this year at Mobile World Congress. It’s a successor of Galaxy S5 with Improvements like a metal edging and glass panels on both front and back,the speaker is now at the bottom instead of the back, along with the Micro USB port. Samsung also made improvements to the camera and added support for wireless charging and a new mobile payments technology.
Samsung Galaxy S6 features 5.1-inch Super AMOLED(2,560 × 1,440 pixels) display with a density of 577 pixels per inch. It is powered by 64-bit Exynos 7420 octa-core chip running on 14 nanometres (nm) architecture, with a highest clock speed of 2.1GHz, coupled with 3GB of RAM and a Mali-T760 GPU. The Exynos is the world’s first 14nm SoC (System on Chip) and Samsung claims it’s 20% faster and 35% more efficient than the 20nm chip in the Galaxy Note 4.
Samsung’s offering a range of storage options including 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB. Samsung S6 has a 2,550mAh of battery with fast charging and wireless charging capabilities.
Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with WPC- and PMA-certified wireless charging technology, therefore you can place your device on top of a compatible base station and charge it up without needing a USB chord. It also, support fast wired charging at about 1.5 times faster than the Galaxy S5.
Also Check Out – Samsung Galaxy S6 Hands-on & First Impressions
The Galaxy S6 runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system and comes with a stripped-back version of Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface.Samsung has reworked the interface, equipping it with a simpler, flatter design and less bloatware. The smartphone ships with just two Samsung apps pre-loaded. Samsung’s software debut Samsung Pay, a mobile payments service that looks to challenge Apple Pay.The NFC-based payments service, much like Apple’s, allows users to make payments by scanning their fingerprint.
An upgraded version of Samsung’s Knox security suite is also included on the Galaxy S6 as the firm looks to tackle iOS and Windows Phone in the enterprise.This upgraded security software takes advantage of the handset’s upgraded touch-based fingerprint scanner and comes with a new remotely controlled ‘Reactivation Lock’ feature.
The Galaxy S6 features a 16 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front facing camera, with both sporting f/1.9 aperture for better low light shots.There are also some enhancements to the camera app. A new auto real-HDR feature will automatically turn on HDR when necessary. Samsung has also included the smart optical image stabilization system which helps to reduce any blurriness caused by a shaky hand, and it’s also designed to help capture clearer shots of moving subjects.
Below are some of the camera samples –
Also Check Out – Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Camera Review and Interface
Price & Availability
We’ve gathered all the details about the handset’s price and availability, so be sure to keep it bookmarked.
- United States of America – The Galaxy S6 Edge will be available on major U.S. carrier starting from April 10, 2015 with 32/64/128GB storage options. The smartphone will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz colour options.
- UK – The Galaxy S6 is available for pre-order starting from 20th March. It is available in storage variations of 32, 64 and 128GB, with four color variants — White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Blue Topaz. The 32GB Galaxy S6 has been priced at £599.99 ($885).
- India – Samsung has officially launched the S6 smartphone in India, on 23rd March. The Galaxy S6 with all their accessories will be available for purchase from the 10th of April. The Galaxy S6 is priced at Rs. 49,900 for the 32 GB variant, Rs. 55,900 for the 64 GB and Rs. 60,900 for the 128 GB variant.
- Turkey – The Samsung Galaxy S6 is available for pre-order in Turkey, with the Turkish carrier Turkcell. The 32GB version of the Samsung Galaxy S6 will be priced at $956 USD, and it is expected to go on sale in the first week of April.
- Philippines – The Samsung Galaxy S6 will on April 18th. The devices will be available in 32GB/64B with dual SIM capabilities. The 32GB model will only be available in gold while 64GB will have all color options including White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Blue Topaz. The price of the Samsung Galaxy S6 for the 32GB/64GB models will be P35,990 and P41,990 respectively.
– The Galaxy S6 will go on sale starting April 17. Starting April 4th, you can pre-order the Galaxy S6 from Senheng in addition to Maxis and directly from Samsung.
The Galaxy S6 has been priced at RM2,599. At the moment, only the 32GB variant is available.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 was the most one of the most anticipated device of MWC 2015, and its specs sheet makes a very good first impression – especially if it delivers on its speed and power-efficiency claims. Samsung has given a highly simplified version of its TouchWiz UI for the S6.