Phoenix ROM special edition of KitKat for Galaxy Note 2 is all here which is an anniversary edition and also comes with the tons of new features. If you have a look at the screen captures of this custom ROM then you will surely be amazed with the same. In terms of brief set of new features, we have summed up few of them below apart from the hell lot of new features which are from KITKAT 4.4.2. So let’s check out the detailed list of quick pre requisites mentioned below before heading to the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware.
- Call Recorder
- Phone with no increasing ringtone
- All supported languages enabled
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Enabled init.d scripts
Note – This firmware can only be applied on the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 variant of smartphone only nd not on any other android smartphone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with any of the automated tools. Make sure that you are not using Samsung PC Suite for crating the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 android phablet so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. This is an important step.
- Just in case if your device is not rooted, the same needs to be rooted for applying this custom ROM firmware. To root, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below;
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 due to not following the instructions mentioned.
So let’s proceed and check out on what are the quick list of specs and features of Galaxy Note 2 N7100 android smartphone
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with the KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download the Kit Kat 4.4.2 for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Manually Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from SD Card” to choose the KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware Package which you have placed in the Note 2. Please note that it might take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Once updated, select “Go BACK” and choose the option of “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > More > About Phone > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Stay tunes to Android Advices as we will be very soon be coming out with the detailed guide which will help you install custom ROMs especially for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully rooted your device Galaxy Note 2 N7100.