Latest Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 OTA for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 arrives just in time when Samsung is firing Jellybean 4.1 firmware versions for most of its devices. It was recently few months back when Samsung had rolled out the previous ICS version in similar manner. Recently, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy ACE 2 too got the Official updates of Jellybean 4.1 built. So, before we proceed to check out on how you can apply this firmware update, then we will be guiding you with the list of pre requisites and then the guide to update with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB Firmware. This XXDMB for Galaxy Note 2 is already arrived for Indian users via KIES.
Note: This is the Official update released by Samsung, for all those who haven’t got the update yet can very well apply this update. Warranty won’t be void in any manner and also after applying with this firmware, the phone won’t be rooted.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note N7100 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or any other tool as it may not detect the device after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Now after creating the backup, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. The recovery mode in Galaxy Note 2 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and simultaneously you need to press the Power button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” option so that all the data in your device is cleared completely.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40%.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” so that all the data will get cleared from the device.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Now, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note II N7100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB Firmware:
- Download Official Jellybean 4.1.2 OTA XXDMB2 Update for your Galaxy Note 2 and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your desktop.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Open odin in your computer and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select “TAR File” which you got after extracting the firmware file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted.
- Don’t disconnect the device from computer till the time it shows the country selector option / the language selection option in your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 Firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware update of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying the update. We will also come up with a separate article which will let you know on how to root Galaxy Note 2 on Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 Firmware.