Kitkat 4.4 for Galaxy Note N7000 Android smartphone can now be updated with the same. Though there is no official firmware update released by Samsung for N7000 Note, all thanks to Slim Saber which comes with the latest features which are otherwise available in Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisite steps which you need to follow before heading to the detailed guide which is the procedure to apply this update.
Note: This is not the Official firmware update released by Samsung and is a custom ROM firmware update released by Slim Saber.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy note N7000 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t make use of KIES as it may not help you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable the same. Also, most importantly you will have to make sure that the minimum battery left in your Galaxy Note N7000 is not less than 50% or else the device might just get turn Off.
- Make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your Galaxy NOTE is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Note N7000 due to not following instructions.
So let’s proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware of KITKAT.
Procedure to Update KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS in Galaxy Note N7000 Android Phone:
- Assuming that you have rooted the device, download the KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps Package in your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the KitKat 4.4.2 Android Zip package and Google Apps Package in your phone.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy note N7000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” to select the Firmware Zip file and Google Apps Package in the same manner. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the firmware package. Sometimes it may take more than 5 minutes for applying the firmware update.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as Kit Kat 4.4.2 Firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Kit Kat 4.4.2 in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you need any assistance.