C ROM Android firmware for Galaxy Note N7000 truly revolutionizes the device as it comes with the state of the art features packed along with almost all the things which are otherwise only available to the devices which are of Nexus. This new firmware comes with the AOSP goodness and is also stable. While Galaxy Note N7000 users are still await the latest version of firmware of Jellybean, it seems like CROM is one of the stable custom ROM firmware for the device. Before we proceed on to check on what are the list of instructions to update the device, you need to go through the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Note N7000 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as after updating with this custom ROM firmware, KIES many not detect the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Battery life in your device should be at least 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. USB Debugging in your device should be enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your Galaxy NOTE is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned pre requisites, lets head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed list of instructions which will help you apply this update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with CROM Custom ROM Firmware:
- Assuming that you have rooted the device, download the KitKat 4.4.3 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps Package in your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the KitKat 4.4.3 Android Zip package and Google Apps Package in your phone.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy note N7000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” to select the Firmware Zip file and Google Apps Package in the same manner. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the firmware package. Sometimes it may take more than 5 minutes for applying the firmware update.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as Kit Kat 4.4.3 Firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Kit Kat 4.4.3 in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you need any assistance.