An all new AOSP Jellybean 4.3 Android version has popped up for Galaxy S2 smartphone. While there are still no cues about the arrival of Jellybean 4.3 firmware update for the phone, you can apply this manual update which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. The best part of this AOSP build is that you not only get more usable RAM but also comes with the cleaner Nexus looking UI which is nothing but the Official Google’s UI along with minimal number of Default apps. So before we move on to check on what are the quick pre requisites you will need to follow, follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: This firmware update should ONLY be applied to Galaxy S2 GT I9100 variant and to no other Galaxy S2 variant.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all your important data present in your Samsung galaxy S2 with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not creating the backup of data with the help of KIES as it won’t detect your S2 as this is the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable the same. Also, most importantly you will have to make sure that the minimum battery left in your Galaxy S2 is not less than 50% or else the device might just get turn Off.
- This being a custom ROM firmware, you will need to make sure that your Galaxy S2 is rooted. To check the same, download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store.
- If your Galaxy S2 is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned 2 sequential steps, you will need to root the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy S2 due to not following instructions.
Once your S2 is rooted, head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide to update with the Jellybean 4.3 powered with Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Zip and Google Apps Zip Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer and place these two files in your device and disconnect the same.
- Once placed, you need to enter the device in Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered either with the help of ROM Manager app or by the manual method.
- Manually Galaxy S2 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from SD Card” to choose the Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware Package and then the Google Apps Package. Once selected, you will need to wait for the update process to complete. Typically it should take round about 3 -4 minutes.
- Once the device is updated with the firmware and you see the home screen in your device, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” to check out the current firmware version which should read as “Jellybean 4.3”. Just in case if the firmware is not Jellybean 4., then you will have to re follow all the above steps.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.