HTC Droid incredible users can now benefit from one of the most popular custom ROM Firmware which is dubbed as Abduction ICS ROM Firmware Android 4.0.3 Firmware. Please note that this is not an Official firmware released by HTC. We also don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an official ICS update released by HTC. Also, before proceeding to apply this update, you will need to ensure that the device is rooted. Once you root the device, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you reclaim the lost warranty is by re applying the original firmware update.
Features of Abduction ICS Custom ROM Firmware 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Sony Bravia Engine (enhance pictures and video)
- Beats Audio by Dre
- Apex Launcher
- ICS blue analog clock widget
- Stock ICS Music Player
- DSP Manager(Read build notes)
- Custom Android Passions Default Wallpaper
- AOKP Build 26
- Incredi kernel ICS (2/26/2012)
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites and then we will also be checking out on the detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your htc droid incredible.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Download the Abduction Custom ROM Firmware Package (Alternate Link) & Google Apps (Alternate Link) for HTC Droid incredible from here to your computer. This device only works in the rooted phone, so ensure that the device is rooted before proceeding.
- In the process of applying the update, there are chances that the data might get lost or corrupted. So always backup the data by following the below mentioned steps, don’t use HTC Sync to back up the data as it any or may not support the device after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Droid incredible from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Ensure that you have disabled all the antivirus suites in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update.