Procedure to update the Galaxy S 4G with Gingerbread 2.3.4
- First up you will have to download the UVKH2 2.3.4 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Zip file and then you need to copy the same to the desktop so that you can locate the same easily. Once you move this to the desktop, you will need to extract the same, please note that in the due course of the extraction of files, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- You can see in the below screen shot that once the files are extracted, the zip file will be looking like the below image with the files. Please note that even if single file is missing, you will have to again download the Zip file from here.
- Now, next up you will need to open the Odin flash tool from the extracted contents. Once you open the Odin in your computer, you now have to switch Off the Phone and need to enter the phone in the download mode. To enter the phone in the download mode, first of all you will have to turn Off your Galaxy S 4G and then just hold down the Volume down key and then press the Power ON button simultaneously to turn ON the device in the download mode after which you will see the screen as shown below.
- Once you get into the download mode, you now have to connect your phone to the computer with the help of the USB cable while the Odin is opened in your computer. Please note that as soon as you connect the phone to the computer, in the Odin you will see that the ID : COM block will turn yellow which means that all the necessary drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed for updating the device.
- After this, all you need to do is to just choose the below mentioned files as it is by selecting the corresponding options in the Odin,
PIT – Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit
PDA – T959VUVKH2-REV00-home-low-CL477075.tar
Note : Please ensure that the Re Partition option is not checked in the Odin and also double check the files which you have added in the Odin.
- Once you are done with the addition of files, you will have to now click on the “Start” option to start the firmware updation process. Please note that it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for installing the firmware on your phone and please ensure that at this time you don’t interrupt the process of firmware or else there will be highly possibility that you may end up bricking up the phone or you may have to re apply the update.
- As soon as the firmware updation gets finished, you will see that the device will be restarted and you will be prompted to enter the language followed by the Google Account credentials entry.
- To check whether you have successfully updated the device or not, all you need to do is to just go to the path of Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where the version will be shown as UVKH2 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings.
- (Optional) Last but not the least, once the firmware is applied successfully, you now need to Power Off the device so that you can enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by just holding down the Volume UP key and then press the Power ON button simultaneously to turn ON the device in the RECOVERY mode. For your convenience, we have also done a short video on how you can get into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you need to choose the options like “Wipe Data” and also you will have to choose another option called “Clear Cache” so that all the data will be wiped off and the phone will be faster than ever. Please note that performing this step will wipe all the applications which are there in your phone.
Just in case if you face any issues with the firmware updation process then all you need to do is to just re follow the instructions which are mentioned above and you will be able to successfully update the phone. So, let us know if you face any sorts of issues in the comments section below as we will see to it that all issues are resolved. Alternatively, you can also dial *#1234# to check the version number.