Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- First and foremost, you need to back up all the contents which are present in your phone memory as in the due course of the updation, the data may get lost. The data which you need to backup are the SMS, Contacts, Songs, Images, Videos, Applications, APN Settings and also the MMS Settings. You can copy all the contents like Videos, Songs and Images directly to the SD card so that the data doesn’t get corrupted or lost, to create a backup of SMS messages as well as the Contacts you can follow the procedure which are mentioned below.
- Additionally, you also need to note down the APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings which are responsible for the Internet access as well as for sending the MMS Messages. The path where these settings can be noted are Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”. Once the firmware is upgraded, you can then re configure these setting sin your phone.
- It’s very important to follow the instructions which are mentioned in this article so as to just ensure that you will be well versed with the instructions which are mentioned below and then you can proceed with the following of the instructions.
- Up next is you need to ensure that the battery is charged to a minimum of 90% plus so as to avoid from doing the battery calibration process which again is a hectic task.
- Ensure that before proceeding to upgrade the phone, you have the admin privileges in your computer which means that you should have the USB Read / Write access and also all the security suites like Antivirus, Firewalls should be disabled till the firmware up gradation process is completed. The PC Suite too needs to be closed till the firmware up gradation process is completed. Also, the system which you will be using should have a minimum of USB 2.0 capable slots or else the firmware update won’t be done successfully.
- Just in case if you have applied any sorts of the Lag fixes then you will need to disable the same or else this update can’t be applied successfully. You can disable the lag fixes if there are any from the recovery mode.
Change Log of Gingerbread UVKH2 2.3.4 :
- Force Close errors in the Phone.apk and Dialer.apk have been fixed,
- Battery Life has been marginally increased by 10 – 15%,
- All new interface can be seen if you are coming from the Froyo based operating version,
- All new Android Market Place works perfectly well with this version of Gingerbread,
- Force close errors and frequent hanging of the device in the Asphalt game too has been fixed,
- USB Connectivity as well as the Wi Fi connectivity bug have been fixed,
- Wi Fi signal strength issues have been fixed in this Gingerbread release and there should not be any issues with it now,
- GPS now works marginally better, though still you may face some GPS Coverage issues when in indoors.
- Many other stability fixes have been done to speed up the device with better optimization of the hardware resources.