Seems like, everyone wants to have Gingerbread 2.3 version of Android operating system on their Android mobile phone. So from now we will see one by one how you can install the latest Gingerbread 2.3 version of Android operating system on your device. Officially, the Gingerbread 2.3 version of Android Operating system is currently only available for Google Nexus One, but soon it will be made official to all other devices too. But if you don’t want to wait till an official version comes out then we will guide you to install this version right on your device. Please note that your device has to be rooted and unlocked one.
So, before we proceed for the updation of Gingerbread, you will have to first back up your data as you may lose whole data of your device. Also, please note that follow each step carefully and don’t jump to next step without carefully reading and implementing the same. It is better to read once and then proceed for updating your device. Since this is a beta version, some of the minute functionalities may or may not run. So, be careful before updating your device. So, let’s proceed towards the installation of Gingerbread on your device.
Procedure to install Android 2.3 on your Htc desire:
- Before we proceed to install this new firmware, you need to boot your device into the recovery mode, on your desire, first enter fast boot by pressing power & back buttons from boot up. Now, press power then with power to select & volume to go up/down, navigate to where it says RECOVERY. Please note that your device should be rooted and should be an unlocked device so as to proceed for further steps.
- You can also make use of the ROM Manager with which you can install, backup and then can restore the ROM’s on your device.
- Now, you need to go to Android Market Place to download the ROM manager application and also need to download and install the Clockwork Mod ROM manager and install the same.
- Now, you need to download the Android 2.3 Gingerbread 2.3 ROM for your device on your computer.
- Now, click on the ROM Manager and then select the Flash Clockwork mod Recovery option. It will install the recovery image and backup the current ROM on your HTC Desire.
- Now, copy the downloaded ROM into your device and copy the same to your device by connecting your device to the computer where you have downloaded this file.
- Now, copy the Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM which you have downloaded for your HTC Desire and copy it to your SD card by connecting your device to your PC.
- Now open the ROM Manager app again, and then you need to select the install ROM from SD Card option and select the Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM which you copied and then click on install it. Make sure to select the Wipe Data and Cache options before you install it.
- Now, ROM Manager will install the Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your HTC Desire within few minutes of time, don’t panic if your device flickers or restarts automatically.
- If you face any problems in a rare case then with the help of ROM Manager on your htc Desire, just boot your rooted HTC Desire into recovery mode and then install the ROM via recovery directly.
So, in this way you have successfully installed the latest firmware Android Gingerbread 2.3 on your device. In case if you face any problems then do leave a comment and let us know, we will solve your problems. Also, after downloading the zip file ROM, if password is asked then you need to enter androidadvices.com as the password.