LG Optimus 2x P990 – Install Stock Rom Tutorial
So, last time when we saw on how you can root LG Optimus 2x P990, many of the users have also gone ahead and installed several custom ROMs which are available across many forums, so in this process many of the users messed up with their phone. So, let’s check out on how you can install the default Stock ROM on your LG Optimus 2x, many forums have come up with the NANDROID backup procedures which some users have skipped before the firmware update and so does it becomes difficult to get back to the original default stock ROM for LG Optimus 2x P990.
If you have been on the new custom based ROM with some issues and problems then you would need to back up the contents in your phone like Contacts, Messages, Applications, Images, and Videos as in the due process of the Stock firmware restoration update as all data which is there in your phone will be cleared by this update. Now, you can also backup all the Call log which is there in your phone before the firmware update. Also, along with this also ensure that your device has at least a charge of over 50% as the firmware updation process consumes little more than the normal running of the phone. To facilitate smoother firmware update as the firmware update generally requires higher battery life though higher the battery life is always better. Also, ensure that all antivirus, firewalls etc.
Please note that if your device is rooted then too you can update with this base firmware. Also, the good news is that once you update this firmware, the warranty which was lost will be resumed as with this firmware update you can easily restore back to your original ROM just like factory setted phone which will be beneficial for all the users of LG Optimus 2x P990. We also would like to thank XDA Forums only with which it became possible for us to bring this update information with you guys. The compilation which XDA Forums has done is really great thing.
Firmware Pre Requisites:
- Please note that first up you will have to first choose your country and then download your official base ROM which is the country specific firmware release.
- Now, once you finish downloading the original firmware update, you will have to download the LG UMTS Setup for your phone on your computer and then you will have to extract the files on your computer.
- Next up you will have to download and install the latest LG Modem Drivers on your computer and also along with this you will have to download the DLL setup too on your computer.
Procedure to install the Stock ROM:
- First of all you will have to open the folder of LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup after which you will have to run the EXE file after which you will have to use the serial number which will be mentioned on the installation folder.
- Now, you will have to copy all the contents which is there in the “Download” folder and then you need to copy the same in the C:\download folder. If it prompts for the overwriting option then you need to proceed by clicking on the “Ok” button.
- After copying, you will have to connect the LG Optimus 2x phone to the computer with the help of the USB cable, but before this you need to ensure that you have installed all the modem drivers for your phone which is mentioned in the pre requisites above after which you will see that the USB will be detected by the computer and after which is phone will be connected.
- Next up, simply open the device manager which will be there in the Windows by right clicking on the “My Computer” and then select the option “Manage” which will be there on the left pane and also note that you note down the port number for the LG USB Modem.
- Now, disconnect the USB connection and open the file called LGDP2_V36_UMTS from C:\DOWNLOAD location path and select UMTS in the division and then click on Ok option.
- Select the Port and set the range and enter in the value manually which you have noted in the earlier step. After this you will have to select the downloaded DLL and select the firmware in the download configuration after which click on Ok option.
- Now, put the phone in the download mode (Emergency) and connect the phone to computer with the help of the USB cable and click on the START which is located in the main window.
That’s it as soon as you set up all the parameters as mentioned above, the ROM installation process will be started and the official firmware will be restored and the stock firmware will be loaded in the LG Optimus 2x P990. Do, let us know if you come across any problems or even issues as we will ensure that all issues are solved.