Verizon Wireless seems to be all set to roll out an all new build of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version which is dubbed as IMM76K. This all new build from Google & Verizon Wireless comes at a time when some of the users were facing issues related to the network coverage and battery stability. This update claims to fix all the issues and for all those who have received this all new OTA update have confirmed that to a certain extent the issues have been addressed. So, irrespective of on your Galaxy Nexus being on the stock / default firmware or on the Custom ROM firmware, we will help you out so that you can update your device with this latest ICS 4.0.4 IMM76K update.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor Verizon or Google should be held responsible for any damage caused to your device which is a very unlikely if you follow all the mentioned instructions mentioned in this article.
Over a period of this article, we will be not just checking out on what are the detailed changes which all new custom ROM firmware comes along with but also we will be checking out on what are the detailed list of pre requisites one has to follow along with the detailed guide on how to apply this update.
Change Log of IMM76K for Galaxy Nexus:
Email & Messaging:
- When text size is increased, it can now be displayed properly,
- While Sending mails via Outlook email address, the file extension too will be sent along so that the recipient can easily open the attachment,
- Mails deleted from device will also delete the mails from desktop,
- Send text messages without any networking issues as this issue has been fixed,
- When Calendar and Reminder is viewed, all the notes associated to them too can be viewed,
- Down Arrow has been added in the Calendar application which will expand the calendar message body allowing the entire message to be visible,
- You can now turn ON the Wi Fi using the Power Control Widget,
- Freezing & Unresponsive errors have been addressed partially,
- Choppy audio issues have been addressed along with the issues like clicking noises and one-way audio noises too have been fixed.
- Voicemail can now be accessed along with the other automated systems without an error.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your VZW powered Galaxy nexus should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so all your data can be stored locally. There is a possibility that the data in your device may get wiped or corrupted, so its highly recommended to back up the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge left in your Nexus should be a minimum of 60% to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of the process. ADB in your computer should be installed in your computer so as to install the update manually.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. USB Debugging mode option should be ticked as shown below.
- You need to ensure that you have the High speed internet connection or the Wi Fi as the update needs to be downloaded which is around 40MB.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial to upgrade your Galaxy Nexus with ICS 4.0.4 IMM76K firmware.