The Touchless control app is the latest update for the Motorola, which is one of the best features of the Moto X. but this time it is something more than a bug-fix. This updated application lets you unlock the phone by just saying your PIN number and also allows for more commands to work while your phone is locked.
You can make a quick Phone call without unlocking the device or even search for Google directly. You can just simply speak the PIN number and the device will automatically unlock itself and be ready for use. This update has to be enabled manually after the updation of the application. However this app will only work with the Handsets running on Android 4.4.
- Work without having to unlock your phone with more Google commands.
- Personal information such as emails, messages, documents, images and contacts are protected by the PIN or password
- By using Touchless Control, say your PIN to unlock the device
- New listening tone when you say OK Google Now
- Runs only with Andriod 4.4 KitKat
- Bug fixes.
It is going to be a great update when you are not connected with a Bluetooth device and you need not unlock the phone by the PIN every time you access the phone for smaller functions. But there are not many devices that are running on Android 4.4, which is a let down to the android users. The users of Moto Xs can update this application right now from the Google play store.
Last Update Nov 25th 2013
Motorola has been very quick in sending up the firmware updates to their customers and on the same lines they have announced today that the Android 4.4 Kitkat is rolling out. For now its limited to the verizon version of the Moto X but soon it would also be available for other MOTO X Users. This is a surprising news because officially the Nexus 4 owners are still waiting for Kitkat while MotoX Users can experience this new version of the Android OS.
It comes with a big list of enhancements which includes the following :
- Improved Phone Dialer : The new dialer on the MotoX comes with a option to search your contacts from the dial-pad and you can easily tap on the frequently contacted contacts.
- Better Gallery : The New Kitkat update brings in some interesting and useful gallery effects like Edges, Highlights and Posterize along with the option to annotate the photos freehand with your fingers with the Draw Feature.
- New Hangouts App : You can not only send text messages, make video calls and perform chats but also send animated gif’s and also share your location with this new application.
- Color emojis : For when words aren’t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
- Better Camera App : The new app allows you to control the exposure and focus of your photos and you can simply drag to set the focus point and set the right exposure.
- NFC – Host card emulation : Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
Along with this the most important feature ie the Touchless Control and the navigation bars are enhanced along with a restyled status and new full screen mode on this device. If you want to download the latest firmware update of MotoX check out our earlier articles on this blog where we had also shown a video tutorial and post update camera captures.
Source : Motorola