For all those who has recently updated their Samsung Galaxy S2 handset now has another reason to smile as a new update in the form of Gingerbread 2.3.5 has arrived and the version is named as XWKI8. This update comes as a respite for all those who had some issues pertaining to the battery indicators and also issues regarding the network issues from time to time along with the force close errors. Not to worry about the issues anymore as we have been using this version from a quite a few days and we are glad to say that we haven’t found a single bug as of now.
So in the due course of the article we will see on how you can apply the update. The best part of this firmware is that anyone with their Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 handset can proceed to apply the update of this XWKI8 irrespective of the current firmware, the only condition being is that this phone should not be a network locked device. Also note that updating your Galaxy S2 device will in no manner will be unlocking the phone.
This update of XWKI8 is not a KIES release and is the beta release and is in no way an official update released by the Samsung Electronics. Also, there is no ETA on by when this update will be pushed via KIES. Adding to the convenience, we have ensured that the article is splitted into different pages wherein in this page you will see the list of pre requisites which you need to follow and then in the next page we will see on how you can update your phone with the set of instructions.
- Please note that if you proceed to update with this version of firmware then the phone will not be rooted in any manner and also just in case if you have rooted the phone then after applying the update the phone will be losing the root access. We will soon come out with the procedure on how you can root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXKI8 Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware, so stay tuned to AndroidAdvices.com.
- Please note that if you are on the custom firmware then you will have to ensure that you get into the recovery mode first and then clear all the cache from the recovery mode which can be done by following 1 -2 -3 steps below. Please note that by doing so you will be losing all the data in your phone, so you need to backup the data by following the instructions below and then proceed for 1-2-3 steps which are mentioned below.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Turn Off the Phone so that you can enter into the recovery mode.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode select the options, “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and then after that choose the option of “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Once you are done with that you will now need to follow the list of Pre Requisites which are mentioned as it is so as to ensure that the firmware is updated successfully without any issues.
After this you will have to proceed to the next page where the instructions to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 are mentioned. Alternatively you can also update your phone with the XXKI3 Firmware by watching the below mentioned Video.