For all those who are having an Xperia PLAY can now be happy as in the due course of the article we will talk about on how to install the Android 4.0 ICS in your phone. Please note that this version of firmware which is launched by Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. There is no ETA on whether there will be any firmware update of ICS for Xperia PLAY by Sony. ICS for Xperia Play comes at a time when most of the users have requested for the same and we are really thankful to the developer DooMLoRD who has developed this custom ROM firmware. There are several other custom ROM firmwares too which we will be covering in the coming days to come.
Note: Please note that this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you are eager to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if you spoil the phone after following the below mentioned instructions which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned below carefully. Also, in the due course of this article since you will be unlocking the boot loader and also you will be rooting, the warranty will be void which is not a reversible process. This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
In the due course of this article, we will also check out on what are the things which work in this build followed by the list of pre requisites and procedure in the next page.
- Pre rooted with super user and busy box installed
- included ICS boot animation
- de odexed ROM
- included libs for baseband compatibility (will only work on -64 baseband, the once from .62 firmware)
- added Trebuchet launcher (CM9 ICS 4.0.3 one)
- few more things but i forget what exactly 😛
- added fixes:
- Super User fix (thanks to ubufugu for the tip for using the zip from this thread)
- DATA + Gamepad fix (thanks to Dean Boro for the fixed files)
- Touch Pad fix (thanks to Dean Boro)
- Brightness FIX + improved GFX performace (thanks to Dean Boro)
- added apps:
- Nova Launcher – additional free launcher for CM9/ICS
- OI File Manager – from CM7 (a free file explorer)
- DSP Manager – from CM9
- CyanogenMod9 Music
- new SEMC/ICS apps: Music, Gallery
- added fix to allow user to select/add Widget when using stock SE Home launcher
Things Not Working:
- CAMERA is not working
- some users are getting FCs on many apps – this happens for providers who have only WCDMA networks and don’t have 2G (EDGE/GPRS)… currently there is no workaround/fix for this
- there might be some graphics glitches
- touchpads don’t work correctly in all games
Screen Captures of ICS Android 4.0 Firmware:
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up all the instructions.
Pages: 1 2