How to Tether Samsung Galaxy S 4G as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android Smart phone has a great look and design. It has a screen of size 4.0 inches with resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. It is operated on Android operating system version of 2.2 (Froyo). Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android Smart phone has a 5 MP camera with superb image quality of 2592 x 1944 pixels.
The phone has all the basic connectivity options like EDGE, GPRS, 3G support at HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, EDR and Micro USB 2.0 connectivity. It also has GPS with A-GPS support and the supported audio, video formats are MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC/ MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263. Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android Smartphone is powered by a standard Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery.
Now coming to Samsung Galaxy S 4GAndroid Smartphone there are many features in this mobile handset. One such feature which we are going to discuss here is about the using your Galaxy S 4G as a Wi-Fi hotspot i.e., using it as wireless portable router to provide internet access to Wi-Fi enable devices.Some carrier locked mobile phone charge data charges whenever someone uses your network. But if you have Wi-Fi network then Wi-Fi hotspot can be a very good options. Remember that if you are using 3G then you would be charged accordingly for the whole data usage by your network users in total.
Tethering Galaxy S 4G as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Tethering Galaxy S 4G to create it as the router is very easy. The below procedure would help you out how you would do it.
- As always you need to go to Menu and then ‘Settings’. Among the various options you need to select “Wireless and network”. Here you can manage your wireless network like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other settings.
- Now search out and tap on “Tethering and portable hotspot” which is the option to share your phone mobile data connections as a portable hotspot. Click OK on the confirmation.
- The next you would be provided with the option of USB tethering and portable hotspot tethering. Click on Mobile AP.
- It will ask you to provide the Network SSID i.e., the name of the network.
- You get your confirmation as shown on the picture above. Your Wi-Fi hotspot is ON now for usage. But to secure your Wi-Fi hotspot you need to tap on Mobile AP and then you get the option of “Configure mobile AP” which will prompt you for options of security like WPA2 PSK where in you would be required to provide password. Now password is required for the users to access your network and without password the Wi-Fi wouldn’t work on his mobile phone.
Limitations of Wi-Fi Hotspot in Galaxy S 4G phone
The Wi-Fi hotspot on Galaxy S 4G phone consumes more battery and it’s the highest power draining components. So when the Wi-Fi hotspot is ON make sure you have USB cable nearby to charge it up. Also other limitations of using it has Wi-Fi router, it has limited area of reception which is less than the normal wireless router.