Procedure to Flash Cyanogen MOD 7.1 ROM in Nook Color:
There are two methods in all to install this Cyanogen Mod 7.1 Firmware which are via the Recovery method and another one is the ROM Manager Method.
- First up you need to download the Cyanogen Mod 7.1 Zip Package in your computer along with the latest version of Google Apps in your computer. Once you download these, you need to connect your nook color with the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now, as soon as you place these files you now need to turn off the device so that you can then boot your device in the Clock Work MOD Recovery. As soon as the device is booted in the CWM recovery with the help of the side volume keys you will have to either make use of the track ball or the power button to select the same.
- Now, once you enter into the recovery mode, you will have to choose the option of “backup / restore” to create the backup of your current firmware as just in case if you wish to come back to your original firmware then you can easily come back to your stock firmware.
- After this select the option of “Wipe data / factory reset” and then the option of “Wipe cache partition” to clear off all the cache data which is there in your nook color. Now up next you will have to choose the option of “install zip from sd card” and choose the “choose zip from sd card” and choose Cyanogen mod update zip file and then the Google Apps Zip file.
- Once the installation is done you need to choose the option of “++++ Go Back ++++” to select the option of “Reboot System Now” to restart the nook color after which you will see that the nook color is on the latest firmware which is the Cyanogen Mod 7.1 version. Just in a rare case if you are unable to install this firmware in your nook color then you need to follow the below procedure to install this firmware.
ROM Manager Method:
- Considering the fact that you have copied the two zip files which are the Cyanogen mod file as well as the Google Apps file, you now need to launch the ROM Manager application in your phone and then select the option of “Download ROM” and then select the “Cyanogen Mod 7.1 Zip file” first and upon completion you will have to choose the “Google Apps Zip” file.
- Please note that just in case if the Super user prompts you to allow the access then select the option of “Allow” to proceed.
- After the installation of the Firmware successfully you now need to select eh options of “Wipe data / factory reset” and then the option of “Wipe cache partition” to clear off all the cache data which is there in your nook color.
So, in this way you have successfully updated the firmware of the Nook color with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.7 in the form of Cyanogen Mod 7.1 for your nook color. Do let us know in the comments section if just in case if there is anything we can assist you with.