Finally someone has beaten the iPad 2 and took away the title of the thinnest & lightest tablet in the world. It was none other than the Korean rival Samsung, with its Galaxy Tab 750. Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 is the new Android powered tablet which was launched recently. Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 is basically a Galaxy Tab 10.1. It works on Android v3.1 (Honeycomb) OS with a powerful Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor and GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset. Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 features a 10.1 inch WXGA multi touch TFT LCD display, 3.15MP rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash, 2 MP front facing camera for video calls, 720p video, 1 GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB internal memory, GPS with A-GPS support, Samsung TouchWiz UX, Multi format audio/video player, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Gyroscope and digital compass. It also has tons of connectivity options like 3G (HSDPA, 21 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP & USB 2.0.
Now as we all know that at times Android OS can be a power hungry monster if not kept a check on. Your battery could be drained in no time. But there are ways to enjoy longer battery life along with the awesome android experience. You just have to tighten up those loose ends.
Following are some tips to increase Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 battery life.
Starting from the most power consuming part of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 is the screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 has a 10.1 inch TFT LCD display. The LCD display is an array or collection of millions of pixels which together form the image, now the brighter the color the more is the power required by the pixel to light up.
This doesn’t mean that we turn off are live wallpapers and go back to the still image.
- Instead we could lessen the brightness of the screen and save power (LOW, MEDIUM is recommended).
- Another method is to select a darker wallpaper hence the per pixel power requirement reduces hence saving power.
- Some live wallpapers have the level of graphic detail adjustable, so keep it to an optimum level which can save power.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 comes with many connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G etc. Here we can save battery life by
- Wi-Fi scan should be turned OFF unless required. Unnecessarily turned ON Wi-Fi drains your battery because it constantly scans for networks.
- Bluetooth should always be turned OFF unless required.
- Sync feature of Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 should always be in OFF. Turn ON only when required, else the syncing would automatically take place when connected. It is recommended to use Sync only once a week if you want to Sync your contacts. There are many applications that demand Sync function but they are actually not of prime importance, so make sure you keep Sync settings ON only on required accounts or applications.
- Using power control widget can help in instantly turning ON/OFF without going into the setting. All you need to do is to first just long press on any of the home screens, then tap on Widgets, after which scroll down to find the option called Power Control and tap on the same to select.
The android is known for its apps which makes it a useful and fun experience. The apps access many feature like Bluetooth, GPRS, WLAN, etc. All this drains the battery. Following are tips to keep the apps in check.
- Many apps require GPRS network connections to update. This causes power loss as the apps use the network in the background. Hence it is recommended to turn OFF the apps auto update feature and only update the required one manually.
- Many applications in android run in the background without the user even knowing, this ends up in drained battery. Control background running applications by using the built in task manager
Adding the Task manager widget to your Home screen:
Step 1: Press the plus (+) icon in the top right corner, press and hold an empty space on a Home screen.
Step 2: Choose the widgets tab from the next screen.
Step 3: Find the widget called Program monitor in the list.
Step 4: Drag the widget to the Home screen where you want it to reside on.
Step 5: Drag the widget on to move it to your desired location on the home screen.
The widget will display the current active apps. Tapping on it will open the Task manager to allow further actions such as ending apps or clearing the RAM.
- No additional task manger applications are required because they themselves eat up a lot of power as they run in the background.
Navigation in Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 is done through google maps. The navigation feature requires a constant GPS signal to pin point the device location. The GPS receiver needs a lot of power to receive the satellite signals. Hence the following tips should be considered
- When using the Google maps if you don’t require your precise position then keep the satellite button unchecked in the layers option.
- The latitude feature enables you to share your location with your friends in real-time. But this feature updates your location in few time intervals, hence consuming power. It is recommended to turn the auto location feature OFF, use it manually.
Firmware for android are updated by the company as required. It is necessary to update your firmware to the latest.
- Firmware updates for portable devices are generally more efficient in power management then its predecessors. This helps in saving power.
You can find the firmware details in the setting>About tablet
- Keep the media volume at optimum levels.
- Auto rotation of screen must be turned OFF in order to save battery. Auto rotation uses accelerometer and if the usage is restricted then it can help in increasing battery life.
- Avoid overcharging the battery because it could damage it and reduce its life.
Finally The Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 is an awesome tab both sleek in design and high on specs. The tab provides a standard, Li-Po 7000 mAh battery which has a 9hrs of talk time life. So with some smart techniques we can definitely increase the battery life and improve the overall android experience.