Droid Incredible owners have now got a reason to cheer as the most awaited beta release of Gingerbread has now been leaked and released. So, let’s check out on how you can update with the same in the due course of the article. There are many notable enhancements which have been undergone with this update and also most importantly the battery life has been substantially increased and is optimized for longer battery life. The best part of the update is that the problems of frequent force close errors have been now fixed with this Gingerbread 2.3 update for the Droid Incredible. Last time also we saw on how to update htc droid incredible to the Gingerbread 2.3 update but it was reported very unstable version which is not the case with this firmware which we will be looking in the due course of the article.
Please note that this update is not the official update or the official release but is the beta release which got leaked by other sources. Though this will not void any sorts of warranty for your phone but if suppose you have already rooted your phone before then after updating the device the root access will be gone and the device will be un rooted, so you will have to again root the Droid Incredible to gain the root access. Just follow the below said instructions carefully to successfully flash the device with this Gingerbread update along with the pre upgrade instructions to the upgradation instructions. Also, soon the latest Gingerbread update of 2.3.4 update too will be rolling out very soon, as soon as this update comes we will surely update with the same. Its only recommended to proceed if you know or used to this below mentioned process very well or else you won’t be able to revert back to the original firmware which is currently loaded in your phone.
Pre Upgrade instructions
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications, messages, contacts, images and also multimedia files along with the call log too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the data after rooting the device. After updating is finished in your device then you can easily restore them back into the device.
- Ensure that your battery is charged with an at least more than 50% as the higher the battery life the lesser will be the problems as this process will require some of the battery as it will drain battery a bit as this is a very important thing which most of the users miss out.
- Since the device’s firmware will be updated to the another version, all the APN settings will be cleared, so to access the Internet and to get the MMS you will have to again reconfigure the APN Settings to access the Internet on your htc Droid Incredible tablet . So, its always recommended to note all the APN Settings as the MMS settings so that once you are done with the firmware update you can easily restore the settings manually or automatically.
- Since your device will be undergoing the firmware update, if there is any root access then the same will be revoked after the firmware update.
- Any one from any part of the world can proceed and update the Incredible droid but only thing you will have to make sure that the device is not hard locked by any network operator.
- Applying this update won’t mean that you have rooted your phone or even has void the warranty. So, let’s proceed for the firmware update.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings.
Procedure to install Gingerbread on htc droid incredible:
- First up you will have to download the Gingerbread package for htc Droid Incredible which you will have to download and unzip in your computer. Now, as soon as you download this package, you will have to unzip the same. Please note that in the process of unzipping if you are prompted to enter in the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com”
- After extracting the zip files, you will get two files and need to move the same in your phone.
- After moving the 2 files in your phone, you will have to turn off the phone and need to boot the device in the Clock work Mod Recovery mode.
- So, after booting in the CWM mode, you will have to first up perform the factory reset so that all the cache files are removed before the installation of the Gingerbread 2.3 release.
- After this you will have to choose the option of “install zip for sd card” from the CWM Mode list of options and then need to first choose the file “DroidIncredible2.3” to finish the updation process and update the droid incredible to Gingerbread.
- Now, to update the droid incredible with the Radio, you will have to first up boot the device in the HBOOT which can be done by holding the volume Down button and then press the Power button until it loads the HBOOT mode. Please note that this should be done while the phone is switched Off.
Just follow the prompt and flash the file which is named as “PB31IMG.zip” file and that’s it after 3-4 minutes, the process gets finished and then you will see that the Gingerbread 2.3 update is now successfully updated in the htc droid incredible. For checking on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.3. Do let us know on if you come across any of the issues or any problems while upgrading the firmware.