Now, assuming that you have followed all the instructions which are mentioned in the last article of Software as well as hardware tweaks to Root Google TV, you can now proceed to this article wherein we will see on how you can install the applications in your Google TV. Please note that all the applications of Android can now be accommodated in the Google TV and supports the Logitech Revue Set top boxes. The only condition to install the apps in your Google TV is that you will have to follow the instructions carefully. As of now this procedure will only support the Google TV Revue Boxes powered by the Logitech.
Now, as soon as you finish the above process of software as well as the hardware tweak, you will now need to proceed to rebooting the Logitech Revue while running the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) for allowing the remote connections on Port 5555. Just in case if the Android SDK is already installed in your device then you are ready to begin installing applications with the standard ‘adb install’ commands or accessing shell via “adb shell”. Just in case if you are unable to understand the ADB Steps which are mentioned then you will have to follow the procedure which is mentioned below
Procedure to install the Applications in the Google TV (Logitech Revue):
- First up you will have to follow the steps which are mentioned in the mentioned link for installing the Android 2.1 SDK in your computer where you wish to install the apps. Also, you don’t have to worry about the USB drivers as this will be taken care by the ADB installation. Ensure that you are installing the adb in the default path.
- After this you will have to find the IP Address of your Google TV Revue by checking with the DHCP Server or from the option of the “Network information” in the Setting application. It will be referred to as the Google TV IP in the due course of this article.
- Now, after finding the IP you will now have to open the Shell which is in the path bash/cygwin/dos/etc on the computer in which the Android SDK is installed.
- So after verifying the SDK Tools directory which is in the path, you will now have to run the command as “ADB connect <Google TV IP>:5555” after which you will see on screen,
$ adb connect 10.10.10.50:5555
connected to 10.10.10.50:5555
- Now, you will have to change the directory which contains the Android Package (APK) which you wish to install and run “adb install app.apk” in which the “app” word stands for the application’s name.
$ adb install Maps.apk
1062 KB/s (3993846 bytes in 3.672s)
- Please note that just in case if ADB didn’t report and of th errors then your application should be available in the Logitech Revue Applications List. Please note that some Android apps make use of native code which runs outside of the Dalvik VM. These native pieces will need to be rebuilt for the Revue’s x86 architecture.
That’s it you have now successfully installed the applications in your Google TV. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues or problems as we will ensure that all your issues are solved att he earliest.